Thursday, January 21, 2016

While the Cat's away, the guys keep working

I am coming to you from sunny southern California. Ia m currently attending to some family matters at a time when the weather cooperates in my favor!

While I am gone, the tree cutters have continued their winter work upon snow landscape of the golf course. All the trees that I marked along the left of 2 and right of 8 have been removed and burned. Some minor cleanup will occur in the spring. Yesterday they attacked the trees on 5 and burned the pile that has been there since summer. Their journey will next lead them to left of 14 and left of 15. Their final destinations will be the oaks by the 11th green and red tee on 18, along with the willows between 17 and 18, and end up removing the broken white pine right of 12 green.

Today's technology makes it possible to work remotely with use of smart phones. My guys have made physical contact to assure everything is going fine while I can be tethered via cell phones. Now if I could do this and make sure the reel grinder was still working, I might stay longer.

Pictures to be posted next week when I get back providing I can get re acclimated to winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment