Friday, March 4, 2016

Work On


Good news is that the tree crew will be back to finish all the tree work next week. With the weather warming considerably, I'm thinking they will be working mornings until it is too soft. Cal Haines was able to drop the tree on 18, barely missing the rain shelter. My guys have burnt and cleaned up most of the limbs. I went back to my email from last fall when we toured the course, and I forgot about the tree on 13F to remove. There are also 2 dead oaks left of 17 by the pond that I will have taken down. I'm hoping that Dan Siefert will be able to leave a 6 foot stump on the pine right of 12 green so we can explore the possibility of having a chainsaw carver build us a logo man to oversee all those missed putts! As weather permits, we will get after the clean up and course prep promptly.

There maybe some courses opening in the Cities this weekend but we still have a solid 4-6 inches of snow covering us. I still anticipating opening around April 1. Gwen does start back on Monday and has a lot of things to get ready for the season. The grind continues in the shop and the equipment should be ready to go by then.

The golf season is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment