Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let's Get This Over With

Introductions are tough. No one likes to talk about themselves. Parents love to talk about their kids. So do I. My wife of 31 years and I have 4 kids. The older 2, Ari and Kit, are well employed and putting money into our social security account. Ari will be getting married this summer. Kit and his girlfriend live in Wyoming and enjoy the wide open spaces. My 2 younger daughters are still in college, Elle will graduate from the U of M in Nursing this spring and join her husband in Japan. He is an officer in the navy. Kira is a sophomore at St. Olaf College and appears to be majoring in math. She is a member of the Women's Hockey Team and also participates in Lacrosse. My wife Nancy works in the cities as a marketing director for a commercial painting company.


Now for me. Where do I start? I have been in the golf business for over 33 years. Started out edging bunkers back in 1977 at the Stillwater CC. Received a B.S. degree in Education from St. Cloud State and then found my passion for golf was overwhelming so went back to school a received a A.S. degree in Turf Management from Anoka Technical College. From there, I went to Prestwick GC in Woodbury and was involved in the construction and grow in of the course. Got a call from Stillwater CC in 1985 to become the superintendent. Stayed their until 1995 and got back to construction and built St. Croix National GC in Somerset, WI. In 1999, got another opportunity to build a course, this time at Tanners Brook GC in Forest Lake, Mn. When I am not working, I do enjoy playing golf. I have been involved in hockey all of my life as a player, then a coach, and now as referee. I do get to spend time in the BWCA each fall.

That's me in a nutshell. When you get a chance, stop on by and introduce yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment